Storing your paddleboarding equipment properly is essential to ensure its longevity and performance. Not only does proper storage help protect the board from damage, but it also helps you maintain the board’s condition so that you can enjoy a thrilling ride each time you hit the water. Paddleboards are expensive investments, so taking care of them should be a top priority for any enthusiast.
This blog post will provide useful tips on how to store your paddleboard safely and securely to preserve its quality over time. We’ll discuss different storage methods such as racks, bags, and covers, as well as maintenance suggestions that will keep your board in tip-top shape for years to come. So if you want to make sure your paddleboard stays in pristine condition no matter where it’s stored or how long it sits idle, read on!
Invest in a Paddleboard Rack
This is one of the best ways to store your board in a secure, upright position. There are several types of paddle board storage racks available on the market, including wall-mount racks, free-standing units, and more. Each type of rack offers different benefits depending on where you plan to store it and how much space is available.
Wall-mount racks are a great option if you’re looking for a secure way to store your paddleboard without taking up too much space. These types of racks can be mounted directly onto any wall or ceiling with screws or bolts depending on the weight capacity needed for your board size. The advantage of wall mount racks is that they keep the board off the ground and out of harm’s way while providing easy access whenever needed. They also come in various sizes to accommodate different boards as well as adjustable arms which allow them to hold either one or two boards at once – perfect for those who have multiple boards!
Free-standing units provide a great solution if you don’t want to drill into the wall or ceiling. These storage racks come in a variety of sizes and styles, ranging from simple vertical columns to more elaborate designs. They are freestanding, so you can move them around your garage, shed, or boat house with ease. Plus they’re usually adjustable so you can fit boards of all sizes securely on top. The only downside with this option is that they take up more floor periods-mounted racks. However, they are more stable and secure, especially in areas with high winds.
Soft Rack Storage System
The Soft Rack Storage System is a great option for those who don’t have much space to spare and need something easily portable. These storage systems are made up of two straps and a central harness that wraps around your board, creating a secure cocoon-like shape – perfect for stacking multiple boards together if needed. The straps are adjustable so you can fit different sizes and styles of boards, plus they also come with heavy-duty buckles that clip onto the end of each strap for added security.
Invest in a Paddle Board Bag or Cover
Paddleboard bags and covers are also great options for storing your board when it’s not in use. Investing in a quality bag or cover will help protect the board from dust, dirt, sun damage, and other elements that can cause wear and tear over time. These bags come in different sizes to fit all types of boards, so make sure to measure the length and width of your board before buying one! There are even inflatable bags available which makes packing up your board much easier when you’re on the go.
Depending on where you plan to store your board, you may also want to invest in a cover that is water- and weather-resistant. This will help keep the board dry if stored outside or inside an area with high moisture levels. If you live in a cold climate, consider getting one of the insulated covers to prevent any icy buildup during winter months.
Maintenance Tips for Storing Your Paddleboard:
When it comes to storing your paddleboard safely and securely, it’s important to practice proper maintenance over time as well. Here are some tips on how to keep your board in top condition no matter where it’s stored:
- Rinse off your board after each use with fresh water and let it air dry before putting it away. This will help prevent any salt or chlorine residue from building up over time and causing damage to the board’s surface
- Inspect your board for signs of wear and tear periodically, looking for cracks, dents, or other signs of damage that may have occurred during use. In case you do find any issues, make sure to repair them as soon as possible.
- Tighten all screws, nuts, and bolts on your rack regularly as these can become loose over time, particularly if you’re storing the board in a location with high winds or vibrations. You can also use silicone or other lubricants to keep the screws and bolts in tip-top shape.
- Store your paddleboard in a cool, dark place away from direct sunlight to protect it from UV rays and fading. Exposure to direct sunlight for prolonged periods of time can dry out the board’s material, causing it to become brittle and more prone to cracking.
- When possible, store your paddleboard horizontally on its side rather than upright to help evenly distribute weight and prevent any warping or bending. This may not be possible with some storage systems, but if you can find a way to keep your board in this position it’ll help preserve its shape for longer.
- Avoid storing your board in a damp or humid area, as this can lead to mold and mildew growth on the board’s surface. If you must store it somewhere with high levels of moisture, make sure to use a waterproof cover and keep an eye out for any signs of mold.
Storing your paddleboard is an essential part of being a paddler, as it helps keep the board in great condition and allows you to get the most out of your adventures on the water. From racks to bags, there are plenty of storage options available that can fit any budget. With proper maintenance, these systems will help ensure your board stays safe and secure for many years to come! So now that you know how to store your paddleboard properly, all that’s left is for you to get out on the water and enjoy paddling!
Share this tip with your friends!