October 1, 2021
National Home Security Month, the UK’s only consumer awareness month dedicated to improving home security across the nation, is back for 2021!
UK homeowners are being urged to “protect what matters most”, as part of the annual campaign from leading security specialist Yale.
Home is the place
where you make treasured memories with your family and
loved ones. NHSM is here to highlight the importance of
preventative measures – not only to protect physical possessions from
burglary – but to also provide comfort in knowing your home
and the memories within it are safe and secure.
Now in its ninth year and running throughout October,
NHSM highlights the importance of home security all year round, but
particularly during the darker winter months; a time of year when statistics
traditionally show that crime rates worsen.
Throughout October Yale and NHSM will deliver a host of top tips and advice. Want to know more? Here’s what you can expect to see from Yale during NHSM:
- Week 1: How secure is your front door? Discover how to ensure your door offers enhanced protection
- Week 2: Keep watch whilst you’re away? Suggestions for watching your home ahead of half term.
- Week 3: Guarding the garden! Learn how to keep your outside space safe
- Week 4: Someone’s knocking at your door….Yale’s new product launch will be revealed
- Along with a fantastic competition over on Yale’s Facebook page
The dedicated website – www.nationalhomesecuritymonth.com – is a handy one-stop shop packed with information on
home security and supported by loads of top brands and businesses who are
experts in the home security field.
You’ll find blogs on everything
from garden and bike security to keeping your gifts under wraps and safe from
thieves this Christmas! There’s also a great advice section with all kinds of
resources to help you learn how to secure your home – because, as we all know,
sometimes it’s just so difficult to know where to start! Whether you’re looking
for home security hacks, information on the latest security standards or advice
on what products are best to keep you secure, it’s covered.
Make sure you don’t miss out on any of the
action this National Home Security Month by following Yale on Facebook & Twitter channels
– and get involved yourself by using #NHSM21!